• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to package InDesign docs or export PDFs due to files/URLs not being accessible

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I updated to the latest MacOS and Indesign V.14.0.3 and have had constant issues trying to make PDFs or package my links. When I open jobs my images are displaying as solid black sometimes as well.

This is the dialogue box I'm getting...

"This document contains links to files/URL(s) that are not accessible. Please check your network connectivity or the original source of content."

I don't have any missing links in my links pallette, I have 78gig HD space. It is happening on almost all of my Indesign documents, I can relink files and the pdf export will work for a day then fail to export the next.

SOS!! 

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

https://www.howtogeek.com/443611/how-macos-catalinas-new-security-features-work/

Head to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy and click on the “Files and Folders” option to see any apps that have requested access. You can also grant access to your whole disk by clicking “Full Disk Access.” Note that some apps, like duplicate file finders, will require that you allow access to your entire drive using this menu.

To make changes, first, click on the lock icon in the bottom-left corner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting your prefrences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure have and it didn't work! I've just deleted 120gig from my hard drive and about to try AGAIN!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign while creating package for docs. As suggested above please try manually deleting the preferences by following steps below:

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.  

KB Article: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html 

Let us know if it works or if you need any further help.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, it didn't work. I'm going to uninstall the applicaiton and redownload. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, let us know if it works or if you need any other help. Thanks!

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just started having this same problem today, December 31, 2019. I am just trying to export a PDF from an InDesign file. And I get this error message even after I remove ALL hyperlinks from the document! If anybody has any ideas or possible solutions, please let me know... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricardo, I ended up sorting out my issue it was happening because my 2TB hard drive was down to under 200gig of free space.

It's happened a few times since posting this request and everytime it happens if I delete files and create more free HD space the problem goes away.

Good luck!

Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.howtogeek.com/443611/how-macos-catalinas-new-security-features-work/

Head to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy and click on the “Files and Folders” option to see any apps that have requested access. You can also grant access to your whole disk by clicking “Full Disk Access.” Note that some apps, like duplicate file finders, will require that you allow access to your entire drive using this menu.

To make changes, first, click on the lock icon in the bottom-left corner of the window, then input your admin password (or use Touch ID if you have a fingerprint reader). You can then check the box next to the app in question to grant access. I just did this and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Worked! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks sooo much as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Just a note to add to this, for me (and potentially other dropbox users) the problem was that I had not granted Dropbox full disk access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am in my Sytem Preferences, Privacy, Files and Folders. Have unlocked but do not see any way to grant Full Disk Access. Can you help me find where that option is hiding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please start a new discussion with full details on the issues you're having including version of ID and operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines