• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to publish a document in ePub / HTML / Publish to the Web.

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Trying to advertise online using InDesign CC 2021 v16.0,
And receives an error message (Figure 4)
1. Click on:
digital publishing> publish online> And receives an error message <error # 503f: an unknown error occurred. retry after some time.

I will ask for help or a solution

Thanks

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Assuming you have some basic knowledge of producing documents with InDesign, try the InDesign Publish Online feature.

To find out how more how to use InDesign (and create ePubs and Publish Online documents) have a look at the excellent online video tutorials at https://www.linkedin.com/learning/subscription/topics?trk=sem_src.go-pa_c.ggl-lil-sem-b2c-brand-dr-e... you can get 30 days free access.

And return to this friendly forum with specific questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not help solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To successfully produce HTML documents from InDesign you need the third-party plug-in in5 (at extra cost).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information is not correct. You can successfully produce html documents from indesign using publish online which is included free via you adobe CC subscription. 

jonathan

[moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try log out of creative cloud app and log back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a free plugin without watermarks of HTML / post online which can integrate well with InDesign CC 2021 v16.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean you want to advertise online with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to post a flyer and it does not give me using InDesign CC 2021 v16.0.
So I was told there is a third party plugin but it costs money.
That's my problem
Trying to advertise online using InDesign CC 2021 v16.0,
And receives an error message (Figure 4)
1. Click on:
digital publishing> publish online> And receives an error message <error # 503f: an unknown error occurred. retry after some time.

I will ask for help or a solution

123136939_203921091127956_871886061589946609_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are correct, been offered to buy somethign totally different is not the correct answer. You are here because the product itself is workign correctly.

I don't know what you have goign on with your file. But how about starting with removing whatever bugs are in the file by saving it to a .idml file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Why should I buy an external supplement
Come at a time when InDesign CC 2021 v16.0 should give the answer.
I do not understand the answer
"But how about starting with removing whatever bugs are in the file by saving it to a .idml file?" 'Can I please elaborate further.

But why am I getting the 503 error message

123136939_203921091127956_871886061589946609_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to file, export, choose .Idml .

Now open that file, save it as indesign file, and now try to publish online.

What happens when you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's some confusiion in this matter because the OP didn't state clearly what his issue was, listing his issues with several different workflows. The animation he posted can easily be enabled in Publish Online 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I get an error message
I do do animation but after I run Publish Online I get a 503f error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify that you have logged out of Creative Cloud app and logged back in? This is a thread on this same issue, posted originally in 2019: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/publish-online-quot-error-503f-quot/td-p/10482133.

Once you have logged in and out of your Creative Cloud app (not just InDesign), can you create a new document, put any old object on it, and see if you can publish it with Publish Online? This would help determine if the problem is with this specific document or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attaching a video of the problemInternet Advertising Issue InDesign CC 2021.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane Burns has produced an excellent step-by-step online video tutorial on producing InDesign Publish Online documents (you can get 30-days free access): https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-publish-online-2?trk=learning-serp_learning_search-card&u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I say pay for a plugin, when InDesign CC 2021 should do it. The problem is that I get a 503f error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The InDesign plug-in I mentioned earlier was because in your first post you stated words to the effect you wanted to publish to, amongst other formats, HTML

Having untangled (I think) your enquiry, it seems you want to produce a document using InDesign's Publish Online. The format for this is HTML5 hosted on Adobe servers.  If this is want you want to do then have a look at the link to the tutorial I posted. 

If not please clearly explain what  digital format you want to produce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to help you with your 503f error. There is some confusion, but it will help if you focus on the advice given for the 503f error, rather than the advice to get a plug-in, which we have established is not the answer for you. Notice that many different people are trying to help, and sometimes advice will be different or wrong. That's life.

You have been given two very specific pieces of advice, things to try.

"Try log out of creative cloud app and log back in."
"how about starting with removing whatever bugs are in the file by saving it to a .idml file"

We need to hear from you that you tried each of these things, and what the effect is, before we can suggest anything else. So, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try and troubleshoot your problem. Create a brand new InDesign document, add a little bit of text and maybe drop in an image, and click the share button and choose Publish Online. Does it work? If so, there could be an issue with the file. You could try what  recommended and save the file as an .idml file (InDesign Markup) and then try re-opening that .idml and try it again. Not having access to your file, it's hard to say what's going on. Trying the above recommendations can help us narrow down the issue. Also, in addition to Publish online, you can try File > Export and choose HTML, or FXL to see if you get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Nothing works" is a very unhelpful reply. Please list what you tried, exactly, and what happens. We cannot move forward with your problem if you are not detailed. Please remember we are not Adobe staff, we are all volunteers and we cannot see what is happening on your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I am attaching a video to show them what the problem is, to get a solution to the problem.
Cannot post online.
Win 10 pro 64 bit operating system
InDesign CC 2021 v16.0

Internet Advertising Issue InDesign CC 2021.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines