Highlighted

Unable to publishing online InDesign interactive PDF, containing GIFS, video and text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Wonder if you can help -- i'm trying to desperately publish a PDF online for a formal submission and error message no.23 keeps popping up that stops the upload about half-way through. Sometimes I can upload one page, sometimes a few. I'm not able to upload one page and then update the document, say, with the next page during another upload either.

I'm pretty desperate to get the issue sorted as my deadline is soon so would be so grateful for all the wisdom out there!

The document is about 18 pages.

Thanks!

[Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Correct answer by Ellie5E5F | Community Beginner

Hello,

I've managed to get it online now.

Derek, thanks for your advice. I changed the file type to 'digital publishing' and then went to 'publish online' and it is now safely online and accessible via link.

Thanks and all the best!

Ellie

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to publishing online InDesign interactive PDF, containing GIFS, video and text

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Wonder if you can help -- i'm trying to desperately publish a PDF online for a formal submission and error message no.23 keeps popping up that stops the upload about half-way through. Sometimes I can upload one page, sometimes a few. I'm not able to upload one page and then update the document, say, with the next page during another upload either.

I'm pretty desperate to get the issue sorted as my deadline is soon so would be so grateful for all the wisdom out there!

The document is about 18 pages.

Thanks!

[Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Correct answer by Ellie5E5F | Community Beginner

Hello,

Derek, thanks for your advice. I changed the file type to 'digital publishing' and then went to 'publish online' and it is now safely online and accessible via link.

Thanks and all the best!

Ellie

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Do you mean an Interactive PDF or InDesign's Publsih Online, which is HTML5?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Derek!

I'm using the most up-to-date InDesign on Creative Cloud and on Mac0S Mojave.

The InDesign file type is an Interactive PDF from which I do File -- Publish Online.                           

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• That's not the way to go, (you'll have issues trying to play video with PDFs) – one or the other, choose PDF or Publish Online, not both! IMO.

Try exporting your InDesign document directly to Publish Online.

publish online.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

Thank you. I've also tried that way.

It's 'interactive PDF' within InDesign, so has the functionality of playing videos and gifs but only when exported using the publish online option. If I do one page and it uploads correctly the video can be viewed within the document online. My problem is that the upload is getting cancelled at about 70% when I upload the full document.

Hope that makes more sense.

Ellie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks and all the best!

Ellie

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 1