Unable to unlock object

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I noticed that some of my objects that are locked are missing their lockpad in order to unlock them. I am creating visual boards and this makes it difficult because I have to move my mouse around until I see the unlock icon on the cruisor. Is this normal? I've checked other threads and it is nothing in my view settings as they are what has been suggested. 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.01.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.02.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.02.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.02.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.02.35 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

3 Correct Answers

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 30, 2020
Laubender Adobe Community Professional , Jul 30, 2020
Hi stefy289, are the objects perhaps part of a group where the lock icon is only showing with the group selected and not on every object in the group?   Individual object of a group selected:   Group selected:     Regards,Uwe Laubender ( ACP )

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional , Jul 29, 2020
Dan Rodney Adobe Community Professional , Jul 29, 2020
If you don't see an unlock icon, it's possible the elements on are a master page (and therefore locked on individual pages because they are neant to be globally edited). Are these items on a master page?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Jul 29, 2020
Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional , Jul 29, 2020
In Layout view in InDesign, the Lock icons can be very hard to see as shown (circled) in the illustration below. An easier way of locking/unlocking is to open the Layers panel and click the arrow beside the current layer to shows objects. It's often much easier to see the locks on the objects in the Layers panel (also circled).  

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Layout view in InDesign, the Lock icons can be very hard to see as shown (circled) in the illustration below. An easier way of locking/unlocking is to open the Layers panel and click the arrow beside the current layer to shows objects. It's often much easier to see the locks on the objects in the Layers panel (also circled).

LockSymbols.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't see an unlock icon, it's possible the elements on are a master page (and therefore locked on individual pages because they are neant to be globally edited). Are these items on a master page?

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stefy289,

are the objects perhaps part of a group where the lock icon is only showing with the group selected and not on every object in the group?

Individual object of a group selected:

LockIconMissing-1.PNG

Group selected:

LockIconMissing-2.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines