Highlighted

undefined is not an object error is coming in jsx file with In-design Extended script tool kit

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am begineer in-design and trying to explore this tool for my project needs. I come to know that extended script tool is good to get started with in-design scripting but when I tried a simple jsx file for document creation I am getting following bug "undefined is not an object". If there is any references we need to give of any files/libraries to make it working.

ashishktrig_0-1587474405592.png

Please help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

You are targeting Extendscript Toolkit and not InDesign. The code would only work with InDesign, so it has to be running.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

undefined is not an object error is coming in jsx file with In-design Extended script tool kit

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am begineer in-design and trying to explore this tool for my project needs. I come to know that extended script tool is good to get started with in-design scripting but when I tried a simple jsx file for document creation I am getting following bug "undefined is not an object". If there is any references we need to give of any files/libraries to make it working.

ashishktrig_0-1587474405592.png

Please help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob day | Adobe Community Professional

You are targeting Extendscript Toolkit and not InDesign. The code would only work with InDesign, so it has to be running.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Kindly change your target application.

SelvaScreen Shot 2020-04-21 at 7.08.39 pm.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have target application as follows and I have choosen adobe in design 2020 server also but still it showing error

ashishktrig_0-1587477204145.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashishktrig,

check your screenshot in your inital post.

I can clearly see that you did not connect to any kind of InDesign in the moment you executed your script.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, In screet shot it is like that but I tried In-design Server as well but not Indesign as its trial period has been expired so does will have to select Adobe In-design instead of Indesign-Server to make it work

Regards,

Ashish Khandelwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines