Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Underline exported as Image dataURI?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,
I am not sure how clear the question is going to be, we had an InDesign file and we are parsing the object model. While doing an export as fixed HTML, the underline is exported as dataURl, how is the team doing it, we are not sure where to get the underline properties? 
it doesn't seem like a normal text underline if the question is vague let me know - I can share the link to indd file.

Line in indd file:

indd file  undelineindd file undeline
Underline translated into dataURI - when exported as fixed html.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 12.35.18 PM.png

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont get your question at all. But underline is a text/character/… property

But I cant decypher your screenshots too, which got scaled down quite alot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DBLjan,
I am sorry. 
Maybe this will help you better:

Below is the Text with a gray underline. when we inspect this word/character property - underline is set to false. (we are working on an indesign file someone else created)
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.58.14 PM.png

But while exporting this as HTML it gets translated into a DataURi? how does adobe do that? 
P.S this is not an image - I am exporting all the images in InDesign document (but this doesn't get exported) and also this line is not within a rectangle or textbox, and I am not able to select it.

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 4.57.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any transparency on the page? A transparency effect might be getting rasterized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> PS this is not an image

It may not be one of the images in the InDesign file but it most certainly is an actual image. It's inlined and URL-encoded; if you want to know what it contains, there are tools to extract it. I typed in the first line into an online Base-64 decoder and it indeed has the magic header of a PNG file.

My guess it's some construction for which the ID programmers could not use the regular underline – perhaps it is a Paragraph Rule Below. That could fit because a Paragraph Rule can extend beyond the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello extendMan!

The underline being exported as data URl could be due to the underlined type having a hyperlink assigned to it.

To check, select the type and see if you can "edit Hyperlink"

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 9.28.22 PM.png

In the Edit Hyperlink window you'll see where the url data is coming from and what character Style is applied.

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 9.29.23 PM.png

Look at the assigned character style to see where the underline is being created.

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 9.29.46 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines