• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Underlining a text field?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a physician trying to create a fillable questionnaire in InDesign to facilitate telemedicine visits. My goal is to have a text field that appears to have a line under it.  I was able to place the original  questionnaire Word doc in a text frame and was planning on placing the fillable text fields within the text frame "in line" with the existing text in place of the line that exists on the printed form - eg. "Name ___________" . Is there a way to preserve the underline in the text field by somehow putting a border on the bottom?

And be aware, I'm not a doc that thinks he can be a graphic designer, too! I can spot a doctor-designed form a mile away.

I may not have explained my question well, so let me know and I'll try to clarify. 

GP 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The normal method is to create the form in InDesign using the button and forms panel for the various kinds of fields, then export it as an interactive PDF and then open it in Acrobat Pro to fine tune the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I just read another post about using Acrobat to change a text field into a date field. I was trying to design the entire form originally in Acrobat and found that nearly impossible (for me). Thanks for quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines