• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding Space Between... but I only have two bullets.

Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feeling kind of silly here, but I can't get my head around this. I have templates with a Bullet style. In one document, I have a list with JUST TWO BULLETS. As sometimes happens, I've been asked to shift the second bullet down a bit to accommodate a very small diagram between the two bullets. It is an exception to the style and that's fine. Normally I'd go into Paragraph and tweak this instance. But if I click in the first bullet and try to change Space After, nothing happens. If I click in the Second bullet and try to change Space Before, nothing happens. I don't really want to mess with the style itself as I don't want this change elsewhere. I just want this... exception. How do I override the new feature and just put some extra space where I want it? Do I really have to create another style just to accommodate this quirk? I will if I have to, but it seems silly when all I want is the one-time override particular to this instance. 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi @quoz:

My guess is that the bullet spacing is defined using the somewhat-new Space Between Paragraphs Using the Same Style. Try increasing that value to override the spacing between the two bullet paragraphs.

space.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this in the Control Panel? Do you maybe have a snap to baseline that is overriding your additional paragraph spacing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @quoz:

My guess is that the bullet spacing is defined using the somewhat-new Space Between Paragraphs Using the Same Style. Try increasing that value to override the spacing between the two bullet paragraphs.

space.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there we go. I tried messing with that "between paragraphs" setting but I don't think I had both bullets selected when I changed the setting. Not running on all cylinders yesterday. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We all have those days! Glad you got it figured out.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines