• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding what the folders under status mean in the hyperlink window. Can someone help me?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understanding what the folder icon under status means in the hyperlink window. Can someone help me?

Green Dot Status in InDesign Hyperlink window:

Some hyperlinks have a green dot (click to go to URL) and when I make a pdf file, they link up.

Grey Folder Status in InDesign Hyperlink window:

Some hyperlinks have a folder (click to go to destination) nothing happens.
When I make a pdf file and click on the words "Fall Respite" (it is a camp brochure) the following message appears in a yellow box:

• file:///Users/claire/Desktop/Macintosh%20HD%203%20(2nd%20G5%20HD)/CAMP%20PECOMETH%202020/www.pecometh.org/fall-respite
  • It then goes on to say that if I trust the site that I can click "Allow" and all will be fine.....but it does not work.

I have figured out that the URLs with the folder in the status window are the problem. How do I give them green dot status?

My apologies for this long question but I do not understand this stuff and the web has been no help.

Thanks.  Claire

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My first guess is that your failing URL isn’t valid because you didn’t type the http:// or https:// at the start. You can get away without typing this in a browser, but not in a link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines