• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undesired master pages/folio problems/etc.

Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I produce a magazine for the Lewis Carroll Society of North America (LCSNA.org: check us out!) twice a year. The pagination shifts as I go along; first I"m just putting n text, then I add pictures, etc.

When pages are added or subtracted

Elements keyed to their master pages are duplicated, so there are multiples of special elements and blank text columns.

Entirely new master pages suddenly appear .

Page numbers multiply with more than one text box and/or shift position from outside to inside (if I've locked their position on the page it doesn't help; I have to unlock all elements to delete the extras)

Is there any way to add or delete pages without all this happening? I allow pages to shift (which never seems to work when I drag them, but that's another issue).

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share a screenshot(s) of your problem or better yet including an example file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I attach a sample file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines