• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ungrouping problem

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to bother everyone, but I have been bedeviled by this problem for several days now and hope that maybe one of you can solve it for me.

I am now Managing Editor of a monthly magazine for the 55+ community in which I live. I also lay it out in InDesign.

I was given the InDesign file by the previous Graphics Editor who is now completely out of the picture. I have attached the .indd file for the cover I was given but I am having a major problem with the line under the magazine title in a black box.

No matter what I do I cannot ungroup the text from the black box in order to enter the current month. I actually can enter text, but when I do it shifts the text to flush with the bottom of the box and I cannot then move it back to a centerted poistion. Maybe it is not a grouping situation but something I haven't thought of.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Hi sid316,

indeed there is a group. A group of two text frames. The one in the back has the fill color, the other is on top and contains the text. One of the problems: In the moment you'd ungroup the group the two text frames in the group would remember the layer where the group once was constructed and so would move underneath the image frame to layer "June 2019".

To avoid this go to the Layers panel and disable the option "Ungroup Remembers Layer" first.

Then ungroup if you like; you now h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Try selecting it and select Object > Ungroup

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sid316,

indeed there is a group. A group of two text frames. The one in the back has the fill color, the other is on top and contains the text. One of the problems: In the moment you'd ungroup the group the two text frames in the group would remember the layer where the group once was constructed and so would move underneath the image frame to layer "June 2019".

To avoid this go to the Layers panel and disable the option "Ungroup Remembers Layer" first.

Then ungroup if you like; you now have full access to its individual parts, the two text frames.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try selecting it and select Object > Ungroup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I have no problem to edit the text even when grouped and change "April" to e.g. "August".

No shifting of text happens. All's well. So I wonder what exactly happens on your side. Best share a screenshot after ungrouping and editing the text. Hidden characters should showing, also frame edges.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines