Highlighted

Unhighlighted PDF Hyperlink

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

When exporting to an Interactive PDF, how do I make it so that links in the PDF are not highlighted? So at the moment it looks like this:

PDF.png

How do I have it so that: 1) the link is there but not the blue highlight? Or 2) have the highlight show when you hover over it only?

Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Geоrge | Adobe Community Professional

What pdf-reader do you use it? May be this behaviour just  appointed in your reader like here: https://pdfexpert.com/help/14-i-see-a-green-background-on-all-links-of-my-pdf-document.html

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unhighlighted PDF Hyperlink

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

When exporting to an Interactive PDF, how do I make it so that links in the PDF are not highlighted? So at the moment it looks like this:

PDF.png

How do I have it so that: 1) the link is there but not the blue highlight? Or 2) have the highlight show when you hover over it only?

Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Geоrge | Adobe Community Professional

What pdf-reader do you use it? May be this behaviour just  appointed in your reader like here: https://pdfexpert.com/help/14-i-see-a-green-background-on-all-links-of-my-pdf-document.html

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a Character Style for your hyperlinks. Do not use mult-state links as they won't work on several devices.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Derek, thanks for your reply.

So I've been messing around with the character style options for hyperlinks, and added different coloured underlines, fonts etc etc, but I still can't figure how to get rid of the blue highlight colour when the file is actually exported to the PDF? It will show all the changes I've made to the colour, the font, the underlining etc., but the blue highlighted box is still there. How do I get rid of that box as shown in the image in the initial post?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you, that was it. Just tried it with a different reader and there is no highlight.

Thank you both for your answers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0