Highlighted

Unione dati

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno Volevo alcune info prima di acquistare Indesign

Utilizzo esclusivamnete per la funzione Unione Dati

Vorrei riutilizzare il template salvato cambiando soltanto il database  magari correggendo le variabili mancanti o aggiungendo le nuove ma quando cambio database premo "anteprima" appare un messaggio che mi obbliga a rimettere tutte le variabili, stiamo parlando di database con mille colonne quindi mille variabili  

C è un modo almeno per vedere a video le incongruenze tra testo e database e correggere il testo i nquestione ed evitare di rifare il tutto di sana pianta? 

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unione dati

New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno Volevo alcune info prima di acquistare Indesign

Utilizzo esclusivamnete per la funzione Unione Dati

Vorrei riutilizzare il template salvato cambiando soltanto il database  magari correggendo le variabili mancanti o aggiungendo le nuove ma quando cambio database premo "anteprima" appare un messaggio che mi obbliga a rimettere tutte le variabili, stiamo parlando di database con mille colonne quindi mille variabili  

C è un modo almeno per vedere a video le incongruenze tra testo e database e correggere il testo i nquestione ed evitare di rifare il tutto di sana pianta? 

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you write out the error message so that we can translate that to English?

FWIW: The Preview with Data Merge has a severe bug. So I never use that option.

Another thing:

If you have done a data merge with an InDesign template document you'll perhaps noticed that the document has changed.

My suggestion: If you want to work on with that template: Close the document without saving and open it again.

Or revert to last saved version. You'll find that option in the File menu of InDesign. Usually it is grayed out when no change was done to the document and it was saved.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non si tratta di un errore, vorrei che quando premo anteprima cambiando sorgente dati mi faccia un anteprima anche se non tutti i campi corrispondono con il vecchio progetto

se poi ci sono campi errati li sistemo ma almeno tutto quello che corrisponde tra vecchio e nuovo database lo lascia invariato

per come è impostato adesso sono costretto a rimettere a rimettere tutti i campi ad uno ad uno e siccome si parla di 900 variabili la cosa diventa lunga 

è possibile risolvere?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

hard to tell. Mostly because the translate function of this forum is not very good with Italian, I think.

I can hardly follow your description, sorry.

What I do understand is this:

1. You start with a data merge template document and a valid source csv or txt file. All is ok.

2. Now you need to load a new data source file where some field names match and others do not.

3. You must change the template so it would fit the new data source file.

What I do not understand is:

Where does the option Preview come into play here?

Do you check Preview and the result is not previewed as expected?

Could you illustrate this with some screenshots that you insert in a reply?
With frame edges of the text frames showing. Also showing invisible characters. Perhaps also with a view of the Story Editor Window so that it gets clear if data field markers are missing.

Thanks for your patience.

Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. If it is, we'd appreciate you sharing the solution with us. It'll be helpful for the users having similar concerns.

If you still have issues, I'd request sharing the information asked by Uwe in earlier responses. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0