Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted color tint when placing photos

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a Mac with 11.1 Big Sur & 2021 InDesign

In InDesign, when I place a photo, sometimes all the other photos acquire a red tint. I have been able to get around this by closing the file without saving - until now! 

What is causing this? & how do I fix it??

My workflow starts with Lightroom & may also visit Photoshop. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

What filetype are you placing? I recommend PSD. If you are working RGB, place RGB images into an InDesign document that is set to RGB, too. (Edit > Transparency Blend Space > RGB)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Make sure that the color settings and profiles for both Photoshop and InDesign match by going into Edit>Color Settings in both programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What filetype are you placing? I recommend PSD. If you are working RGB, place RGB images into an InDesign document that is set to RGB, too. (Edit > Transparency Blend Space > RGB)

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there. I just stared having this same problem.
I'm an A.C.E., work with calibrated monitors (I calibrate them myself), etc.
I also work with PSDs, since often I need to adjust something on the image and not have to create a TIF or JPG everytime.
In fact, this only happens when I place a PSD. A JPG version of the image will place correctly.

This IS some sort of bug, like in the old days when a file got corrupted, bits with problems, and we get some sort of error in the image. BUT, that would ruin the image, which is NOT this case. Reopening the file in Photoshop, all is OK.
I did test and if I close PS and INDD, reopen, place... all goes back to normal.... UNTIL it happens again.
And it happened 2 times today. This is going to affect my workflow. Gotta find a fix, QUICK!
Any ideas?
Thought of resseting the Preferences (I'm on a Mac), but didn't reaaaally want to do that (reconfigure hell, no thanks). But if it IS necessary, then... well, I'll accept and do it! haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested a thing. Without closing anything, converted the image in PS to 16bit, saved. Indesign refreshed the image with NO problems. But since it's a way bigger file in 16bits, converted it back to 8bit and the image continued ok. Now I'm not sure if the problem is in Indesign or Photoshop! Hummmm.... more investigation....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you post a screen capture with the PSD selected, the Links panel, and your Edit>Assign Profiles... dialog showing. Like this:

Screen Shot 23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the color settings and profiles for both Photoshop and InDesign match by going into Edit>Color Settings in both programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines