• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted fonts appear in character menu

Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one turn off unwanted fonts in Indesign? I have never activated the "Noto" font, yet there is an extensive list of its families in the character menu. It does not appear in Suitcase Fusion; it is as available listed in the Adobe Fonts in Creative Cloud. Is it automatically activated? Why? Scanning past useless fonts is an enormous waste of time. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can deactivate adobe fonts from the manage fonts section:

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 5.15.37 PM.png

it will look like this once selected, from here you can deactivate fonts.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 5.15.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the fonts in question are within the Apple system, and are inexplicably required (Armenian? Really?). They don't appear in the "manage fonts." 

However, I'd like to know how to scroll down the manage fonts section when there is no scroll bar available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think part of the problem is that these system fonts are appearing in the wrong section of the character menu. They should be down in the system fonts section, not the section of fonts I've actually used. Is there a way to manage the character menu? I see there's a "favorites" section which I was unaware of. Can I put the fonts I use most there, and then select from there only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not what you said. you said:  "it is as available listed in the Adobe Fonts in Creative Cloud." and than you asked:" Is it automatically activated? ".  For Which i was showing you where you can check and how to deactivate it.

If its a system font you should leave it alone. can you show screenshots of what you see on the fonts menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately it is a series of obscure fonts that Apple in its finite wisdom has put into the system, so it can't be deactivated.

I'm still curious about how to scan down the list of fonts in Creative Cloud when there's no visible scroll bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines