• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unwanted lines print on InDesign document

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lines appear intermittently on the screen and print on the document every time.  I have cleaned my print heads and done a nozzle check on my printer; I've selected "overprint preview" which was suggested by someone in a community post, went into InDesign properties and checked "high DPI scaling override" as was suggested by another user (who says he was on tech support for an hour and came up with that recommendation).  Nothing has worked to eliminate the lines when I print.  Is there a consistent, reliable fix to this?  FYI, this image was created in Illustrator and "placed" in InDesign.  I used the Opacity feature in Illustrator , which some seem to insuinate creates an issue in InDesign...?unwanted lines.jpg

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export a PDF using the PDF/X-/4 preset and print that from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No lines on the screen, but they appear in the printing.  Never had this problem before...??? Always something!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lesliek1,

could be a memory issue with your printer.

Printing from Acrobat could help if you transmit the whole page as image.

With "simulate overprint" checked.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines