Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted reflow if a give press enter anywhere in this  document

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ALL:

Unwanted reflow if a give press enter anywhere in this document. For example in the below screen If I give enter after stomachache in the next paragraph the word "dirty" comes down. Anyone know the reason behid this issue.
Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 4.59.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 4.59.16 PM.png

Thanks

Ganesh.R

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Line breaks are fluid when you have "Adobe Paragraph Composer" active (Preferences > Advanced Type). At that setting, InDesign optimizes line breaks based on a multi-line analysis. To make it more static, you'd have to use "Adobe Single-line Composer," but this will, in general, make all your paragraph composition less consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John's right but Paragraph vs. Single-line composer is not an all or nothing proposition. You can switch between paragraph and single-line composer at the paragraph level (i.e. for a specific paragraph. Just click in the paragraph and in the panel menu of the Paragraph panel, choose Single-line composer instead of Paragraph Composer. That should. resolve the problem in which you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Thanks for your reply,

If I changed that particular to single line composer my issue was fixed. If I removed the footnote on that page that issue was also fixed. Apart from Single line composer there is any issue in footnote?

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ALL

If I cut that paragraph "If your reaction to your..," and paste in text edit and again paste in the sample place in InDesign application file this issue has been fixed. I think there will some junk text in that particular paragraph? or it relates to some unknow bug?

thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't press enter - use a Paragraph Spacing.

And use of paragraph styles would ease things considerably, if not already used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene

In general we will use paragraph space only, just for testing only I do like that.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep Options might be a good alternative as well. You can force the entire paragraph to start in the next frame/column/etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines