Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unwanted text split

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

How do I solve this unwanted split of the text. I just want all the text shown on one line inside the text frame. Normally I just make the frame wider to solve this issue, but now it wont apply no matter how wide the frame is. Please take a look at the image below.clip.PNG

And if I force the text to be on one line, I get this result:

clip2.PNG

It looks like some hidden setting is made here, and it is not hyphenation, because when I remove hyphenation, I just get this result:

clip3.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

The red dot indicates that there is overset text in a table cell. So, it looks that you have created a table inside the text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red dot indicates that there is overset text in a table cell. So, it looks that you have created a table inside the text frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the page which has this issue is from a picture book with 16 pictures in a square and with 16 text frames (beneath the pictures). So I assume that there is a kind of table structure as I can see that when I select all text frames on a page - then a kind of grid structure appears. But it is only this page which has this problem in the text frames. So how do I alter / solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote previously, you have overset text in the cell. You either need to remove overset text or to adjust cell size. To see the overset text, put the type cursor in the cell and use story editor (Cmd Y [Mac], Ctrl Y [Win]).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a bigger part of your page and select all items. Please show hidden characters too (menu. Type)

IMHO your problem is a Text Wrap from the nearest image right beside.

For example: helpx. adobe.com | wrap text objects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO your problem is a Text Wrap from the nearest image right beside

Do you think? Text in a cell is not affected by text wrap – and I do think that this red dot is a cell overset indicator. Don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a bigger picture of the page with all selected and hidden characters shown

clip4.PNG

I see an extra text frame, but if I delete it, then there will be no text frame to add text into like the other text frames around.

I can easily just create a new text frame beneath the picture (banister), but how do I then link it to the other text frames in case I want to paste all my texts into the frames with one step in the order shown. Without the linking I have to add the text manually, and now I already have the text frame linked to the other text frames on the page, so it makes no sense to delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Remove the “gelænder” text frame
  2. Create a new text frame at the same place
  3. Click on the outport of the previous text frame (stairs). The outport is the small hollow square at the bottom right of the frame, but since the frames are smalll it may be difficult to see it
  4. Click on the new text frame
  5. Click on the outport of this text frame, then click on the following one (lift). Your frames should be threaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jmlevy

I didn't manage to do number 3-5 in your list properly. When I click on the outport (step 3) from the text frame of stairs, then I get a "container" with text, but when I try to click on the newly created text frame (step 2), I get a new big text frame placed somewhere on the page with the text of the page. So actually I cannot click on the new text frame, because the system first wants to paste the text copied from clicking on the outport of the text frame stairs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing the actual file, it's difficult to know why. Is this frame locked? Or is there another objet above?

What happens if you delete the text frame created in step 2? In this case, click on the outport of the “stairs” text frame, place the new text frame that comes in your layout and thread it with the following one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jmlevy 

Where do you see " … text in a table cell …" ?

I only can see the following:

@AppA  wrote:
"… How do I solve this unwanted split of the text. I just want all the text shown on one line inside the text frame …"

Edited

Sorry. Ihave totally overseen the "red dot"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you don't have a text object pasted inside of another (outer) text object?

Added: Sorry for this late post--when I typed it, no answers were showing up. I suspect a database glitch.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines