• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update content from Google Doc / mettre à jour automatiquement du contenu issu de Google Doc

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm a designer integrated in a design agency and I often design tenders to which we respond. I currently use Google Doc to allow the whole team to collaborate on the same document until the last minute (the team writes the content) but Google Doc is very limited and I would like to switch to Indesign to have something really nice.

My question is: is it possible on Indesign to automatically update content from Google Doc (or other word processor)?

Thank you all for your answers!
Marine

Bonjour,

Je suis designer intégrée dans une agence de design et je suis souvent amenée à mettre en page des appels d'offres auxquels nous répondons. J'utilise actuellement Google Doc pour permettre à tout l'équipe de collaborer sur un même document et ce jusqu'à la dernière minute (l'équipe écrit le contenu) mais Google Doc est très limité et j'aimerai passer à Indesign pour avoir quelque chose de vraiment joli.

Ma question est la suivante : est il possible sur Indesign de mettre à jour automatiquement un contenu issu de Google Doc (ou autre logiciel de traitement de texte) ?

Merci à tous pour vos réponses !
Marine

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Hi Marine,

I would look into DocsFlow for InDesign by EM Software:

http://emsoftware.com/products/docsflow/

There's a free trial version so you could test the product.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

You can tell InDesign to update text files in Preferences > File Handling. This option should be in import options for palced text files rather than a document wide preference. Changing this value will only affect the current file, not existing files. Unfortunately, this only works for text you can place, so the text has to be in a format InDesign understands. For now, that does not work for Googe Docs files. It does work for text, RTF, and Word files.

You can exporrt your Docs file to RTF or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marine,

I would look into DocsFlow for InDesign by EM Software:

http://emsoftware.com/products/docsflow/

There's a free trial version so you could test the product.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can tell InDesign to update text files in Preferences > File Handling. This option should be in import options for palced text files rather than a document wide preference. Changing this value will only affect the current file, not existing files. Unfortunately, this only works for text you can place, so the text has to be in a format InDesign understands. For now, that does not work for Googe Docs files. It does work for text, RTF, and Word files.

You can exporrt your Docs file to RTF or Word then place that. Updating teh Docs file won’t affect the inDesign file unless you export again and overwrite the earlier exported file. This will probably strip some formatting from the InDesign file. You can minimize that by using paragraph styles in Docs and editing the styles in InDesign rther than reformatting the text by selecting it and chaging the formatting. Redefine the styles and the formatting will remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines