• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updated indesign to version 15.1 for 64 bit windows, now unable to export to pdf

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.1 ran as an auto-update on my 64-bit Windows 10 pc this morning.

I was able to PDF two out of the five files I need to PDF this morning; the other three hang partway through the PDF process. I have tried variations on PDF type - presets that come with indesign, presets that install as job options and a preset I manually created; the ones I have tried all crash.

File size does not seem to matter; the ones I successfully ran the PDF process on were both larger and smaller than 10 megabytes, as are the three that I still need to PDF.

Is anyone else having this trouble?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Yes. We had to roll back to ID 14 version as a temporary workaround. Save any ID files as .idml that you saved with ID15, so you can open them in ID14 if you roll back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. We had to roll back to ID 14 version as a temporary workaround. Save any ID files as .idml that you saved with ID15, so you can open them in ID14 if you roll back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I'll roll back to 15.0.3, which was what I had yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have to save as IDML saving the file from 15.1 to 15.0.3. I did find that exporting PDF makes Indesign not respond and have to end task. I restarted and still have the same issue. Not until I reverted back to an older version 15.0.3 that I was able to export PDF just fine. 

Install 15.0.3 and avoid 15.1 update until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem starting yesterday.  The pdfs from InDesign won't open/create.

Thanks for the tip to go back a version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines