• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to latest CC InDesign. I can't drag and drop photo files anymore. Help please. Thank you

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know one is supposed to import files through the import option or the Place-option. 

But in my old CS6 InDesign version I was able to drag and drop the files. Even several files at a time. Then I would "Package" the document and the files I had selected from different folders were gathered in the links folder. 
This greatly helped my workflow and the speed of my work. 

Is there anyway I can do this with this latest Indesign 16 version? 

Thank you for your help. 
Martin

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

It was a Windows Explorer issue. It's a resolved now. All working fine. I tried to take down my post but wasn't able to do so. For some reason, whenever I click on More, where I assume the function Delete This Post is hidden, I only get a blank, white line. Like this> 

Adobe delete post.jpg

I'm working with Chrome. I tried to refresh the page and restart the browser and disabled AdBlock. So far I can't take down this post. If you have a suggestion> Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a Windows Explorer issue. It's a resolved now. All working fine. I tried to take down my post but wasn't able to do so. For some reason, whenever I click on More, where I assume the function Delete This Post is hidden, I only get a blank, white line. Like this> 

Adobe delete post.jpg

I'm working with Chrome. I tried to refresh the page and restart the browser and disabled AdBlock. So far I can't take down this post. If you have a suggestion> Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martin said:

"It was a Windows Explorer issue. It's a resolved now. …"

Hi Martin,

how did you resolve it?

Never happened to me, but I'm curious.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think it was a Windows issue.
I couldn't move files from one folder to the next.
I resolved it by restarting.
My favorite solution 😉
Have a great day.
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines