• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating doc with hyperlinks

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created and indesign doc that will be exported as an interactive pdf. The hyperlink panel was difficult, as hyperlinks to websites would go from green to red for no apparent reason. When I double check the website - it is there with no issues. 

Now I am updating the same doc with some new sites and the same thing is happening all over again. Don't know what to do. Can some one please tell me what are the best practices for fixing these hyperlinks, and perhaps how to keep this from happening again. The hyperlinks were created with the New hyperlink from URL

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Select the word or words (or image) in your InDesign document you want to be the link (it needn't be a URL). 

Go to: Type > Hyperlinks & Cross References > New Hyperlink – Select URL from the Linkto drop-down menu, copy and paste* in the complete URL of the site you want to link to. Export the document as an Interactive PDF.

* I always visit the website I want to link to and copy the whole URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by giving us a little information: Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using. Does this happen with just this document, or with other documents with hyperlinks? It could be solved by restoring preferences if it happens with more than one file. It could be solved by saving as IDML and reopening to solve corruption in a single file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for responding. Sorry I am on Indd 15.0.2 and Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4

I don't generally create docs with lots of hyperlinks so I don't know if it is just this doc or if it is Indesign

What I have been doing is just going through hyperlink by hyperlink and deleteing the existing the hyperlink and either it is okay or I will also have to refresh using the button at the bottom of the panel.

I'll definitely try the IDML route. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select the word or words (or image) in your InDesign document you want to be the link (it needn't be a URL). 

Go to: Type > Hyperlinks & Cross References > New Hyperlink – Select URL from the Linkto drop-down menu, copy and paste* in the complete URL of the site you want to link to. Export the document as an Interactive PDF.

* I always visit the website I want to link to and copy the whole URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines