• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded Indesign CS6 to a new Mac OS and the screen quality is very poor. How can I improve this?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently bought a new desktop iMac and I'm transfering my old software. I don't want to re-purchase inDesign so I've uploaded my old version Indesign CS6 (it does everything I want it to) and the image quality is worse than it was on my old screen. Is there a way to improve this without buying the software again? 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

No. You now have a high resolution screen – your old software needs to be upgraded to match your new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You now have a high resolution screen – your old software needs to be upgraded to match your new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice, thats a shame. It feels worse than it used to on a worse screen which is strange. I've just increased the screen performance in settings and it is better but still pixelated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm amazed it even works on a new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your work is mission critical, you should upgrade to InDesign 2019/2020 (or the Creative Cloud Suite).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines