• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of InDesign as Robot on Multiple Macs - How Do I Get More Non-User Activations Per Machine?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to setup multiple robot Macs to run InDesign scripts and processes remotely. How can I get more licenses to static non-user computers -OR- purchase more activation allowances for my account (to exceed the 2-device limitation)? As I understand it, in order to add or purchase a license to my Adobe Teams environment, it needs to be an actual person with an email account. How does it work if there aren't actual users, but an automated process that runs independently?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

I've never heard of Adobe licensing their application to be used in that way. You would have to contact customer support with that kind of question. We can't help you here; we are mostly users of the application, not Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

This sounds like a use case for InDesign server and not the desktop version. Afaik, you can't use the desktop version for automated processing unless the workflow requires some human interaction like triggering it via some activity on the computer InDesign is installed. Please contact support for more clarity on what is permissible with your desktop licenses before making a purchase decision

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard of Adobe licensing their application to be used in that way. You would have to contact customer support with that kind of question. We can't help you here; we are mostly users of the application, not Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds like a use case for InDesign server and not the desktop version. Afaik, you can't use the desktop version for automated processing unless the workflow requires some human interaction like triggering it via some activity on the computer InDesign is installed. Please contact support for more clarity on what is permissible with your desktop licenses before making a purchase decision

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines