Highlighted

Used Fonts currently unavailable ( Helvetia Neue )

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating issue of system fonts being unavailable. Sometimes I can replace font ( with the exact same font ) other times nothing gets replaced. I will replace the Helvetia Neue - Condensed Black with  Helvetia Neue - Condensed Black Save the file, opens flawlessly for two days later repeat the process. 

For a program that deals mainly with fonts, having issues with fonts is unacceptable. I have been wasting more and more time finding workarounds with adobe then any professional should have to. The high priced subscription model is supposed to make the programs run better NOT TO RELEASE BROKEN SOFTWARE TO BE WORKED ON AT A LATER DATE! I am losing faith in Adobe period!

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Used Fonts currently unavailable ( Helvetia Neue )

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating issue of system fonts being unavailable. Sometimes I can replace font ( with the exact same font ) other times nothing gets replaced. I will replace the Helvetia Neue - Condensed Black with  Helvetia Neue - Condensed Black Save the file, opens flawlessly for two days later repeat the process. 

For a program that deals mainly with fonts, having issues with fonts is unacceptable. I have been wasting more and more time finding workarounds with adobe then any professional should have to. The high priced subscription model is supposed to make the programs run better NOT TO RELEASE BROKEN SOFTWARE TO BE WORKED ON AT A LATER DATE! I am losing faith in Adobe period!

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might it not be a permissions issue on your macOS? That is what is sounds like.

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a statement without giving guidance on how to execute the possible ( once again workaround ) does not only come off as arrogant but leaves me with a vacant solution. ( I'm I supposed to now research permission issues with fonts and InDesign ) My job is to design not to spend wasted hours troubleshooting the design programs I pay handsomely for. I appreciate the attempt but I feel like this is a half answer at best.  

Ps. After restarting the file miraculously has zero font issues. Since the file has been packaged and all used fonts are in the correct folder I am amazed that I keep having to deal with these sorts of issues.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far from arrogant, I am very generous with my time. I am a volunteer helping answer questions on an open user forum. I am a designer just like you. Competence at our type of work, unfortunately, requires all sorts of practical computer knowledge, and that is your responsibility, including troubleshooting OS vaguenesses. Another idea you might try is to reset/trash your InDesign preferences. 

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read no arrogance in Mike's reply--I know Mike and he is very experienced, generous with his time, and very patient. Most of the answers on the Support Community are by other USERS--we do not work for Adobe and are not responsible for any "broken software". If you have complaints with them--fine--but don't take it out on other users like yourself who are just trying to help. 

If you did not understand his reply, you could have (pick one):

• Asked for more info
  • Googled "Mac OS permissions"
  • Called the person trying to help "arrogant"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Mike! I let my frustrations get the better of me and acted like you are an Adobe employee.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0