How to get rid of this thing?

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 14.49.52.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Hi @andrusk46591390:

That is the InDesign Title Bar. It can't be turned off but you have undocked it, which is why it is now in the way. Interestingly, you cannot re-dock it by just resetting the workspace. You will need to grab the far left edge which is a slightly darker gray in your screen shot and then drag it up towards the Menu Bar. When you see a blue horizontal line under the Menu Bar you can release the mouse and it will go back to its normal position.

You can also reset preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd+Q. Of course, that will close the entire program. It's part of the interface and you can't get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? After multipe ID crashes i had to reinstall CC, then it appeared. Its quite annoying, cant find a suitable place.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 15.11.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, only caught part of it on screen. You have the application frame turned off and I don't have a Mac here to see if that's the issue. Try turning it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning on application frame is not helpful – years of drag'n drop workhabits on Mac is lost with one window system. 

I think it is bug that this little toolbar has no close button (or something equivalent in menus)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's part of the title bar. I didn't say leave it on. But if you don't want to do any troubleshooting to see if there's a bug of some sort I've got nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows, however, have you tried changing the workspace (Windows >> Workspace >>>) try a different workspace layout. Hope it works out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andrusk46591390:

That is the InDesign Title Bar. It can't be turned off but you have undocked it, which is why it is now in the way. Interestingly, you cannot re-dock it by just resetting the workspace. You will need to grab the far left edge which is a slightly darker gray in your screen shot and then drag it up towards the Menu Bar. When you see a blue horizontal line under the Menu Bar you can release the mouse and it will go back to its normal position.

You can also reset preferences, but that seems like overkill.

~Barb

Docked docked.png

Undocked

undocked.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish Adobe would give the user the option to keep that Title bar open or not. For me, it wastes valuable screen space and is completely useless. Seems like it should be a simple fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it doesn't seem to exist on Windows, so there's that. 🙂

Specifically, it merges into the menu bar. Interesting; there aren't that many real differences between the platforms these days.

—

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Orba:

"I really wish..."

Please file feature requests on the InDesign User Voice site. This one has already been logged, so you can sign in with your Adobe ID and vote for it:
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40455280-no-option-to-h...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines