• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using different para styles on section page

Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a master applied with a large text box inside the margins. On one example I was able to place text with two different Paragraph styles. One style for Part number, one for Part title. Despite going back to the functioning page I can not do it again. I tried a non-joining space but no luck, style still applies to all on page when I apply it.I don't see a paragraph return there. I am trying to avoid that because I remember it caused problems in the Table of Contents.

Can anyone tell me how to have two para styles without a return?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

You can have a paragraph style, with character style(s) to accomplish this. In your example, "Part V Making Do" can be applied a paragraph style, with a character style applied to "Part V". And, using nested or GREP in the paragraph style, this can apply a character style automatically within the paragraph style. 

For the TOC issue, insert a [Forced Line Break + space] after "Part V". When creating TOC, make sure to select "Remove Forced Line Breaks".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a paragraph style, with character style(s) to accomplish this. In your example, "Part V Making Do" can be applied a paragraph style, with a character style applied to "Part V". And, using nested or GREP in the paragraph style, this can apply a character style automatically within the paragraph style. 

For the TOC issue, insert a [Forced Line Break + space] after "Part V". When creating TOC, make sure to select "Remove Forced Line Breaks".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'm giving it a try. Have I got the process right?

1. create character style A and apply it to the appropriate text with a forced line break at the end.

2. Create B and C character styles and apply to text

3 create paragraph style with nested character styles "up to forced line break"

4 apply paragraph style to new title text.

When I create a new page can I just type in Body text for the title and subtitles and separate lines by shift enter and then apply the nested paragraph style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines