• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using GREP to multiply each price within a catalogue.

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm working through a 100+ page catalogue with 3000 products, I was just wondering if there is an easy way to multiply each price by 10.

I found a way using the GREP feature to remove every price with one button, I was just thinking maybe it was as easy as that?

If there isn't a way, what would be the easiest way to complete this task?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

No, GREP does not do arithmetic. It can only replace certain sequences of characters with other sequences of characters.

Assuming you cannot simply add a "0" at the end of all prices, take look at this script: https://indesignsecrets.com/free-script-to-change-all-numbers-in-a-document-using-math.php

(And I dearly hope your catalogue is not one of medical supplies.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, GREP does not do arithmetic. It can only replace certain sequences of characters with other sequences of characters.

Assuming you cannot simply add a "0" at the end of all prices, take look at this script: https://indesignsecrets.com/free-script-to-change-all-numbers-in-a-document-using-math.php

(And I dearly hope your catalogue is not one of medical supplies.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that has worked, thank you so much!

I tried using a different script before-hand but just couldn't get it to run - haven't used scripts before so this is my first time trying.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines