• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Master Pages

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a Master Page A and applied it to all 50 pages in the document. Now I want to click on each page and add text unique to that page. However, when I add text to one page, it applies it to all 50. I am not editing the master. Why can't I use a master to put the same design on each page and then give each page it's own unique text?

Thanks!

Laura

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

However, when I add text to one page, it applies it to all 50. I am not editing the master. Why can't I use a master to put the same design on each page and then give each page it's own unique text?

That sounds like you are editing the master. Be sure to double click the page icons as you move from the master pages to body pages. With a single click, you may think you are on a body page, but are actually still on the master.  If you disagree, please share a screen shot of your document, with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

You don't add "unique" text for each document page to the Master page (if I understand your question correctly) only text, such as a folio.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, when I add text to one page, it applies it to all 50. I am not editing the master. Why can't I use a master to put the same design on each page and then give each page it's own unique text?

That sounds like you are editing the master. Be sure to double click the page icons as you move from the master pages to body pages. With a single click, you may think you are on a body page, but are actually still on the master.  If you disagree, please share a screen shot of your document, with the Pages panel open and visible.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't add "unique" text for each document page to the Master page (if I understand your question correctly) only text, such as a folio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines