• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Office 365 excel having issues importing my tables

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started off using a template for indesgin catalog. I was at first using create rectangle image placement tool then clicking Ctrl D to place my Xlsx tables directly into Indesgin. I realized noting was coming in the same cells were not compleatly allingend the same once i had several of these tables spread thru the document. So i discoverd not using a rectangle placement tool may be the beter way to import the table. Found emptyl location on the page and clicked CTRL D once again and sleceted importable files and my excel documents were able to import and looked great proportionally. This worked well on the very first two tables the 3rd table and all to follow are giving me grief. When i tried to import it only showed the cells that i had created not the text i placed in all the cells. Hoepfully this may be a simple issue i can repair. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I'm following your post correctly, it reads as if you were trying to import an Excel file into an image frame.

• Excel files are imported into text frames. 
  • Imported Excel tables are formatted with Table and Cell Styles in InDesign (they can be manually be formatted but styles are best).
  • Excel files must be in a separate text frame if you want to link to them.
  • If you only want to import part of an Excel worksheet, use named regions in Excel.
  • If you want to place an Excel chart or a layout designed in Excel, save the Excel file as a PDF and import as a graphic.

If that doesn't make sense, please provide more info as to what you want to do.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines