Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance issue in InDesign 16.1 on Windows 10

Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can't not really work with ID (Win10) anymore.

See this short screen video:

For "too much seconds" InDesign calculates something in the background and slows down itself and me ... e.g. simply by switching to my document (as shown). If I hide the dialog boxes, then ID does not get this performance problem.  

It's really annoying, can't work with ID! (switched off all background processes, e.g. without preflight)  

Will be there a fix for this BUG?

"At the moment" I do have the latest version...  

mycc

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. As I can see in your workflow video, the performance and unexpected behaviour in the application is not usual. So I would request you to share a few details like: 

• The exact version of InDesign and the operating system you are operating on. If you are not already on the latest version, we recommend updating to the latest version. 
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, please share the document with us and then upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.  
  • Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?  
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Does resetting InDesign Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/in/indesign/using/setting-preferences.ug.html) help to resolve the issue? 

I am looking forward to your response. 

Regards, 
Anshul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines