• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v16.2.1 welcome screen stays on after opening docs

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how I open an InDesign document, whether it's from double-clicking the doc or opening it from Recent, or from within InDesign, the Welcome Screen doesn't go away. It just stays on this screen as if I didn't open anything. I have to manually go under Window to even see if it opened the document and switchh to it manually. When I do, no toolbars are displaying and I have to reset my Workspace. This happens every single time I open a document since the last update.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences > General, UNCHECK "Show Home Screen When No Documents Are Open" 

I'm assume you're using a current version of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 16.2.1 (it was in the subject line). That does solve the problem, but it still seems buggy that I have to disable the welcome screen altogether to avoid it staying on when documents are open. This is completely different behavior than it has ever had before.

Thanks

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Delete InDesign preferences with shortcuts

You can delete the replaceable InDesign SaveData and InDesign Defaults files by holding down the following keys while InDesign is launching:

• Windows: Shift+Ctrl+Alt
  • Mac OS: Shift+Control+Option+Command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS? If you're using macOS, does disabling the GPU Performance help?

In addition to the suggestions given earlier, I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting steps given on this community post & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines