Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Veneer font not working after InDesign 2021 update

Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My InDesign seems to have auto-updated to the 2021 version.

The font, Veneer, is completely blank in my file. Displays like an empty text box.

I tried creating a new file to test... there is no preview for it in the character palette.

Any advice? Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried removing the font & reinstalling? Additionally, you may try  steps suggested on this web article(https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-troubleshooting-font-problems-in-adobe-indesign--cms-24652).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried removing the font & reinstalling? Additionally, you may try  steps suggested on this web article(https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-troubleshooting-font-problems-in-adobe-indesign--cms...).

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case removing from Fonts folder and then reinstalling worked! - This file is on a PC, Windows 10, btw.

(Closed out INDD, re-launched, created a new document in order to start with a fresh text box. That did the trick.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that someone else is suffering through a deadline on the updating (Apple Big Sur and InDesign2021) when it comes to using a "Signature" Minion Expert Family that we most likely paid a lot of money for back in the day. My font family dates back to 1987— but so far I have been able to work with updates. 

I  have tried all the uninstall/reinstall of Minion [Ornaments] to no avail. But I can save some of the placements by going to another type supplier. What I cannot do, even with the new variable system, is save the Swash effects. So what am I supposed to tell a client about missed deadlines? Whom should I bill for hours of hard work replacing a work around? Or, the cost of re-ripping a whole PDF instead of just replacing one or two pages on a standing reprint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines