Highlighted

Version 4 ICC Profiles were converted to version 2 ICC Profiles during PDF Export.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help.  I've tried cleaning up doc, no errors present; I've tried saving a copy; i've tried saving, closing reopening indesign and exporting, still fails.  What is going on.  How can i even find what profiles are the issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob_day | Adobe Community Professional

Usually that means there is a placed object causing the error. Try exporting the first half, then the second half and keep splitting the page range until you find the offending page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Version 4 ICC Profiles were converted to version 2 ICC Profiles during PDF Export.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help.  I've tried cleaning up doc, no errors present; I've tried saving a copy; i've tried saving, closing reopening indesign and exporting, still fails.  What is going on.  How can i even find what profiles are the issue?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by rob_day | Adobe Community Professional

Usually that means there is a placed object causing the error. Try exporting the first half, then the second half and keep splitting the page range until you find the offending page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 4 ICC profiles will generate the warning on export. It doesn‘t have an affect on color conversions so you can usually safely ignore the warning.

3 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Do you have any idea how to override failure and still export pdf? Doc will not export as it is now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to go a little further on this problem and for anyone else who's experiencing it and finds this thread, the ICC Profile warning usually occurs when you have an RGB image placed in a CMYK document. Fortunately, in InDesign, you can choose to view an ICC Profile column in the Links Panel. Go to the Links panel, in the pull down menu, scroll down and select Panel Options... In the Panel Options pop up window, select ICC Profile under Show Column. In the same Panel Options window, you can also select Color Space. This will tell you if an image is CMYK or RGB without having to look at each image's Link Info. Hope this helps future troubleshooters.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered this awhile ago but THANK YOU!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered this awhile ago but THANK YOU!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

hoping you can help.

I have followed these steps and identified which image is in rgb but even after deleting the image i am still unable to export the pfd? any ideas on whats wrong now or how to fix. it is still coming up with the same converted ICC version 4 profiles to version 2.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines