Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version of font not showing up on Epub file

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

I have been working on an Indesign file (inDesign 2020 with MacOs Catalina version 10.15.4) to eventually create an Epub, I specifically looked for fonts in Google Fonts checking the licence as I need to distribute the content. I used Epilogue .ttf font in all of its versions (light, semibold, bold...) however when I export as an Epub and open it with ibooks everything is in the Regular version of that same font. 

Can I embed the fonts only working with the CSS or is there a way to do it through InDesign?

I also tried to get into the Epub file to check CSS but I couldn’t extract it when I renamed my Epub file to a ".zip" file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Anna

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export , Publish online , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you declare the font within paragraph styles in your ID document? IOW, did you use paragraphs styles strictly and cleanly for the epub?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines