Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical justification of a text box forces last line into next column

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a document with 2-column layout. On one page, there are three lines of a paragraph (call them, Line A, Line B and Line C) at the bottom of the left hand column and the other 10 lines or so of the paragraph are at the top of the right hand column. When I click the left hand column and then use the "Justify vertically" option, the bottom line (Line C) rather than aligning to the bottom of the left hand column jumps and becomes the first line of the right hand column! The left hand column is then justified vertically but with Line B at the bottom.

If I then clicked "Align top" on the left hand column, Line C would return to the bottom of the column.

Any idea how I can stop InDesign forcing a line into the next column?

NOTE: I've just upgraded to InDesign 15.0 and haven't noticed this behaviour in previous versions, but that may just be coincidence.

Many thanks in advance. Graeme

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to my original post...

I realised that this was happening to text boxes which had a bullet list with the "Span All" option selected in the Span Columns panel. Change it to "Span None" and the Justify Vertically button works as expected (ie. doesn't shift lines from one column to another).

So I'm guessing it's something to do with this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines