Highlighted

Vertically Align 2 Different Font Sizes

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a Master in InDesign that has a title and page number. Both fields are in the same text box, and styled similarly, but the page number needs to stand out, so the font size is larger. I want the larger page number to be vertically centered to the smaller title, rather than maintaining the same baseline and getting significantly taller than the title. Is there any way to do this?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Are the number and chapter title text sitting side-by-side? How about a baseline shift as a character style on the title?

~Barb

shift.gif

TOPICS
How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Vertically Align 2 Different Font Sizes

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a Master in InDesign that has a title and page number. Both fields are in the same text box, and styled similarly, but the page number needs to stand out, so the font size is larger. I want the larger page number to be vertically centered to the smaller title, rather than maintaining the same baseline and getting significantly taller than the title. Is there any way to do this?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Are the number and chapter title text sitting side-by-side? How about a baseline shift as a character style on the title?

~Barb

shift.gif

TOPICS
How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~Barb

shift.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to play around with the Baseline Shift setting to achieve what you're trying to do.

Screenshot 2020-07-27 12.40.09.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
markrcc LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barb! This worked perfectly!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0