• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video will not play automatically in online interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have imported a video on the cover page of my interactive PDF (published online/epub) that is intended to start playing automatically when opened. When I open up the URL, the video will not start unless I navigate through the document and then go back to the cover page. Only then will start playing. So, I don't think the problem has to do with the video being inserted incorrectly. I'm wondering if this is a known glitch. Has anyone else coming across this issue and found a way to fix it?

TOPICS
EPUB , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can't reliably be done now, the best way is to have a hyperlink in your PDF to an external video source such as a YouTube or similar video..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online is NOT PDF!

This could be a browser issue as some do not allow for autoplay of audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which are you doing? .pdf, ePub or publish online? These are different export options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"the video will not start unless I navigate through the document and then go back to the cover page."

Could you share the URL for the Publish Online document?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines