• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird index problem - child-level has disappeared

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched as much as I can in the community for this problem and haven't found it yet, if it's there. I'll try to describe -- it seems to be the reverse of most of what I'm finding.

I'm doing a book layout.   The index originally had two levels of entry: parent and child. However, the child-level entries have completely disappeared from the Index palette.

I've no clue how this happened. I've checked a few of the child-level entry points, and those markers are actually gone from the document.  I assume this is the case throughout, since none of the child-level entries show up in the Index palette. But I know for sure that I did not go through this whole book and delete all the child-level index entries!

Of course, I can't regenerate as I will no longer have the child-level entries; yet the index DOES need updating as page #s have changed during revisions. 

For now, my only recourse is to reindex all the child topics, which is taking hours of time. Does anyone have any idea at all why the child-level markers would have disappeared? Thanks for any info.

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?