Highlighted

What happened to pages? How do I make pages from masters?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have a new computer that can take advantage of the full spectrum of Creative Suite programs and one of my favorites - InDesign- has changed and I cannot make pages.  I made an 8 page master but how do I convert that to pages? I cannot turn it into a pdf.

Beth

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Kingfish:

When you start a new document using File > New > Document, the specifications you enter for the new document will be added to your A-Master. You can specify the 8 body pages at the same time, or add them later by clicking the + icon at the bottom of the Pages panel (located in the Window menu). I have both the New dialog box and the Pages panel visible in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.44.53 PM.png

This has not changed from earlier versions but the opening interface has. Try Window > Workspace > Advanced—that may look more familiar to you.

~Barb 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What happened to pages? How do I make pages from masters?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have a new computer that can take advantage of the full spectrum of Creative Suite programs and one of my favorites - InDesign- has changed and I cannot make pages.  I made an 8 page master but how do I convert that to pages? I cannot turn it into a pdf.

Beth

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Kingfish:

When you start a new document using File > New > Document, the specifications you enter for the new document will be added to your A-Master. You can specify the 8 body pages at the same time, or add them later by clicking the + icon at the bottom of the Pages panel (located in the Window menu). I have both the New dialog box and the Pages panel visible in the screenshot below.

This has not changed from earlier versions but the opening interface has. Try Window > Workspace > Advanced—that may look more familiar to you.

~Barb 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.jpgMaster pages are not document pages.

You need to take the content off the Master Pages and place it on your Document Pages. Then you can output your Document Pages and/or turn them into PDFs.

The reason I know this is that long ago, I screwed up this way too.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kingfish:

~Barb 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1