Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is coated OBA 51 Profile

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Recently I received a request from client they want the pdf output  using Coated OBA 51 profile. I can't find or download that profile from any portal. I know about Fogra 51 and 52, but OBA 51 seems new to me. 

Anyone know about Coated OBA 51 Profile, please let us know where to downloaded it.

As per my under standing is OBA is optical brightening agent. Its a chemical added in the paper. Please correct me If am wrong.

Thanks

Ganesh.R

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Fogra 51 makes sense, the other profile does not. Looks like some misunderstanding to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if your client knows what he's talking about, I found this mention, but it's for colour proofing on a desk-top inkjet printer, not commercial printing where the recommended output for most commercial printers is PDF/X-4.

https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/products/consumables/overview/paper/gprp/sppoba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek

I know customer is taking about the color profile of the pdf which we need to fix in InDesign. By Default our pdf color profile will be US Swop web coated. But customer asking Coated OBA 51 profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you the printer? If the PDF standard is PDF/X, the Output Intent Profile profile should be the press’s profile and not a random profile chosen by the client. The printer, not the client, should be recommending the output profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not the printer, typesetter in General we recieved the request from client that they want output pdf as Fogra 51 which was recommended by printer. But this time they mentioned as OBA 51. I also searched in ICC and color.org but not find that profile. So before confirming to client I need to make sure that there was not color profile exists in such a name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fogra 51 makes sense, the other profile does not. Looks like some misunderstanding to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

Thankyou all for your replies, I confirmed to my client that there is no color profile coated OBA 51.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines