• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is Printing Error: ^1

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every so often a document refuses to print. I am on Mac High Sierra. InDesign CC. All have latest updates as of July 2018.

I have tried trashing the preferences; restarting the program; clearing missing fonts and font conflicts. I'm almost positive this is a document-level issue since other documents will print. Since it appears to have stopped during "Downloading image" could this be a link issue? Any insights are appreciated. The last person to post about this issue a few years ago didn't bother to post the resolution.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 11.23.01 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Hi, Jodie and others getting this error message,

I got this error message with a 32 page InDesign document, for which I was attempting to print the first two pages. I quickly discovered that other pages would print without giving the error message. I narrowed it down to page 1 as having the problem. As the page was made up of various text frames, I made a fresh page, and then started moving text frames over to the new page one by one, attempting to print the page after each new element was added.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jodie,

We are sorry that you ran into this issue. As you mentioned above that other documents are printing fine, this looks like a file specific issue. Would you mind sharing your file? If not, please upload it to Creative Cloud/ Google Drive/ Dropbox and share direct download link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having this problem with nearly all of our files since the 2019 update! Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having this problem so how can i fix the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you tried the suggestions shared in this discussion? Try exporting the file in halves until you isolate the page causing the issue. You can also try the suggestions shared in this article. Let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jodie and others getting this error message,

I got this error message with a 32 page InDesign document, for which I was attempting to print the first two pages. I quickly discovered that other pages would print without giving the error message. I narrowed it down to page 1 as having the problem. As the page was made up of various text frames, I made a fresh page, and then started moving text frames over to the new page one by one, attempting to print the page after each new element was added. In this way I was able to narrow the problem to one particular text frame. Although InDesign was not indicating a font problem in Preflight, changing the font in that one text frame solved the problem.

I hope this will help the next person who encounters Printing Error: ^1

Roderick Graciano

Timothy Ministries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roderick,

can you give more details?

Exact InDesign version?

Operating system version?

Font used, version of font etc.pp.

( as you can see the info in Type > Find Font… menu of InDesign )

Thanks,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

I'm using InDesign CC 14.0.1 on an iMac with OS Mojave, version 10.14.5.

The problem font, in this case, was BlacklightD Regular, version 001.005.

Any number of other fonts would have solved the problem, but I replaced the bad font with Comic Sans MS Regular, version 5.00x.

Happy publishing,

Roderick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK after preflighting, find font etc. etc. I also had a large document, I sent small batches to the printer and when the error popped up I isolated the font until the document printed with a new printable font then deleted those problem childs from my font book. This error was driving us CRAZY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem as Jodie.  Just purchased Creative Suite at end of 2020. Any file with the Caslon540SwaD font will not print and I get Printer Error: ^1. If I change the font, it will print but I need this particular font to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines