• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the code for a line break to the next frame?

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what this is called.  When I copy/paste this into the Find/Change box, it looks at it as a ^p, but that is the code for a normal end paragraph.  What is the code for the break that happens when you hit Enter on the number pad which continues the text to the next linked text box?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

^m didnt do it either.

It's an uppercase M. 

^M

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are asking for column break character? That's what the numeric keypad enter adds to the text. Use ^M for a text find/change.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not the same one, here is an image of the symbol.  The ^n moved the line to the next line.  The one that the Enter key on the num pad does move to the next linked text box.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^M. I wrote it incorrectly and edited it immediately, but you must have been looking at it for the 30 seconds in between! Sorry!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^m didnt do it either.  It did this...

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this which is created by the enter key on the num pad...

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^m didnt do it either.

It's an uppercase M. 

^M

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it, thanks!  Didnt realize codes were case sensative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!! 😊

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, @VicoDrive, you can find these characters on your own using the @ widget in the Find/Change dialog box. You just have to know what they are called. In your case, it's a column break.

fc.gif

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew about that and looked through the whole thing, couldnt find which one it was.  Didnt know what that specific function was even called to be able to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I sometimes need to enter some of these from my plugin code. Do you have a list of the character values for each of these ? For example, indent here is #7, right-align tab is #8, normal tab is #9, soft return is #10, hard return is #13, etc...

Very best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Olivier Beltrami:

I don't have these character values. I'd suggest asking this in a new post, and be sure to include the scripting tag to get the attention of the scripters who should be able to help.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do. 

Thank you very much.

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines