• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the latest version of inDesign DOM and IDML?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody;

I am trying to develop an offine indesign document project that uses IDML and having downloaded the latest SDK found that its idmltools refer to IDML version 1.0 (obviously an old version) and a DOM version 6. In the cookbook it mentions DOM version 9. 

Is there some one that can help identify where to find that latest IDML version specifications and latest inDesign Dom versions.  I got the API for extendscript says API version 16.3.

Specifically I am trying to use XSLT to generate IDML packages and that requires reference to the proper IDML schema (version) and DOM version.

Any help is appreciated.

Safaa

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Thanks Joel for the response, appreciate it. Thevreason i asked the question about latest IDML version is the fact that I see in the sdk example idml files have reference to schema version 1.0. It is interesting that the exported idml files from latest inDesign version still says version 1.0 while the IDML specifications in the SDK says for inDesign CS6 (that is for 2012)  IDML is at version 8. Here is a picture of the Appendix from that spec docu,ent that talks about changes to the schema to br

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if I look at the first few lines of the designmap.xml in an IDML exported from InDesign 16.2.1. I see

<?aid style="50" type="document" readerVersion="6.0" featureSet="257" product="16.2(102)" ?><Document xmlns:idPkg="http://ns.adobe.com/AdobeInDesign/idml/1.0/packaging" DOMVersion="16.2" Self="d" StoryList="uf1 u10c u125 u141 u158 u188 u19f u1be u1d5 u222 u23e u257 u2ad u2c9 u2e2 u2fb u322 u33f u356 u39f u3b5 u3df u3f6 ua33 ua4d ua85 uabb uad4 ub04 ub1b ub3d ue9f uf0d uf31 ua9" Name="MYCLIENTSFILE.indd" ZeroPoint="0 0" ActiveLayer="uc4" CMYKProfile="U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2" RGBProfile="sRGB IEC61966-2.1" SolidColorIntent="UseColorSettings" AfterBlendingIntent="UseColorSettings" DefaultImageIntent="UseColorSettings" RGBPolicy="PreserveEmbeddedProfiles" CMYKPolicy="CombinationOfPreserveAndSafeCmyk" AccurateLABSpots="false">
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

So, seems like IDML 1.0 is current to me! 

I can't speak with confidence to your question about the DOM version because honestly although I have no idea how to answer your question, it looks to me like it's versioned according to the InDesign version (I stole this from a Uwe Laubender post about the ESTK, thanks Uwe):

OMV-16.1-ESTK-CS6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joel for the response, appreciate it. Thevreason i asked the question about latest IDML version is the fact that I see in the sdk example idml files have reference to schema version 1.0. It is interesting that the exported idml files from latest inDesign version still says version 1.0 while the IDML specifications in the SDK says for inDesign CS6 (that is for 2012)  IDML is at version 8. Here is a picture of the Appendix from that spec docu,ent that talks about changes to the schema to bring previous version up to vetsion 8. What is going on? Does inDesign may be just export IDML version 1.0 to stay compatible with older versions??

I dont think we have a definite answer to: what is the latest version of IDML?

As for the DOM version question, I am still confused as I see reference to inDesign API version beong also similar or close to inDesign version and more confusing what you showed in ESTK as a DOM   etsion with object classes and methods is also referred to as API in other documents like in the link below, is API=DOM in inDesign dev lingo?

https://www.indesignjs.de/extendscriptAPI/indesign-latest/#Application.html

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IDML spec document for version 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines