• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this? (See screenshot.)

New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the world is this? - I had to minimize everything in order to see, where my pages went, when I scrolled down and they suddenly disappeared. As ypu can see, they didn't disappear, but when I now want to move objects, I get warnings.

What is this? How did it happen? And what can I do?

I have InDesign CS6.

In clear language:

Vad farao är detta? Monteringsbordet ser ut på olika sätt, och i de bred fälten varnas jag för att flytt objekt, för då kan de hamna utanför.

Skaermklipp 2017-05-06 13.59.42.png

Björn i Kiruna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Looks like you have images wich has huge numbers for scale and position - no sure how this happened - probably you used some plugin or script which glitched...

You can select those images in the layers panel.

img-2017-05-11-23-40-42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come noone from the company answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell for sure by the screenshot, but probably - there is something in pasteboard - maybe empty text box or something...

Can you share InDesign file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enclose this part. Here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5214997/extract.indd

What I have found: when I <select all> on a normal page, I'll see what has been selected. When I do it on these strange pages, it seems that something gar, far aside also is selected. But there is nothing.

Björn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have images wich has huge numbers for scale and position - no sure how this happened - probably you used some plugin or script which glitched...

You can select those images in the layers panel.

img-2017-05-11-23-40-42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you taught me something new!

With this help of yours I could identify some layers on each couple of pages. They couldn't be seen, of course, but when they were identified as "infinite" in width, I could trash them, and then it all looked normal on each page again.

How this has happened is a mystery. I have a test print pending, a little book from which this extract was taken, and I really hope it is printed correctly despite this strange problem.

So, for me this matter is now settled, since I now can deal with it in the future, when it occurs again. It would have been nice to get an explanation from Adobe, though.

Thank you, spasiba, for your help, Oleh!

Björn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines