• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What setting is doing this? Need to end text AT end of para, but.....

Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attaching 3 screenshots. The first shows the paragraph I' want to end this page on. The second shows my attempt to decrease the size of the text area. The third shows what happens.

I want to end this particular page with the end of that initial paragraph, but it won't let me.

I've been trying to do this on various pages with text wrap and so on.

Diving me insane!1. All the text on the page1. All the text on the page2. Want to cut it off at end, "Cote d'Azur."2. Want to cut it off at end, "Cote d'Azur."3. But it cuts off too much3. But it cuts off too much

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

I am guessing that the various paragraphs have Keep settings enabled, to control how they break across pages. Check the Keep Options in each of the style definitions of the various paragraphs (in the original screen shot there were four paragraphs). The defaults are shown below.

~Barb

keeps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't edit. Should say, "need to end text at end of para.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that the various paragraphs have Keep settings enabled, to control how they break across pages. Check the Keep Options in each of the style definitions of the various paragraphs (in the original screen shot there were four paragraphs). The defaults are shown below.

~Barb

keeps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you thank you!  Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.04.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.05.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines