• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When copy and paste from one InDesign document to another it's adding paragraph indent to all text

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac version 10.13.6 and InDesign CC 2019.
I'm pasting from one InDesign document to another on the same version. Both documents were created using the same version of InDesign. 
When the article is pasted into the new document it adds an indent on ALL text boxes. How do I stop this from happening? I am not using paragraph styles. The indent is added on some paragraphs in original document as a paragraph indent in paragraph panel not as a style. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be using paragraph styles but absent that, try using paste without formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it set in preferences to "text only" and changed to "all information" and it's still happening. I want to keep the formatting of the original article. Why is it changing just because I'm pasting? Shouldn't it keep the formating of the original article?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not necessarily. If the basic paragraph style is defined differently or you have one selected or you set an indent as the default or...are you getting the idea?

It could be anything and this is why you need to be using styles. Without seeing and examining the documents, it's not that easy to analyze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines