Highlighted

when drawing a text box on the pasteboard it snaps to the page guides on the page

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive a document from a client. I am trying to add a text box on the paste board to type information. Everytime i draw a text box it snaps and but the text box on the page and then says everything is over set. I have never seen this. I am guessing it is some kind of setting but i can't find it.

Please help, this is very annoying.

thank you

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

when drawing a text box on the pasteboard it snaps to the page guides on the page

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive a document from a client. I am trying to add a text box on the paste board to type information. Everytime i draw a text box it snaps and but the text box on the page and then says everything is over set. I have never seen this. I am guessing it is some kind of setting but i can't find it.

Please help, this is very annoying.

thank you

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

I guess there is an object style selected by default that sets a fixed position and maybe also a certain width and height of a text frame. So before doing a new text frame check your Object Styles panel. If you cannot see a custom object style inspect the properties for the default style that has that little [T] icon attached to in the panel.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
kathyP1 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that there is an object style applied to the complete document. I can draw a box now. But now i am trying to copy a grouped picture with text boxes. When i paste that in the document even with none selected it placed the grouped picture with two text boxes in a box that matches the page guides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0