• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When exporting from InDesign to PDF colors are completely changed

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a file as a PDF and when I open it in preview it completely changes the colors but when I open it in Acrobat its correct. It also has the correct colors when exporting to a JPEG. Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 2.28.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-02 at 2.29.24 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

It looks like you're using transparency. You will never get that stuff to work with preview.

Let me call your attention to the export from InDesign...it's call an Adobe PDF for a reason. There are way too many substandard PDF readers out there for Adobe to be able to support them all.

You're going to either have to totally dumb down the document or tell the recipients to open it Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview is absolute trash for proofing PDFs. You've answered your own question...stop using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that and fully agree but my school uses similar software to preview and I need the colors to work in this format in this specific scenario. Any suggestions on things I could try altering in the settings would be a huge help. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s the end use—offset print, composite print, or screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it should be a composite print, Normally if we didn't have this epidemic I would've had to print this project out and show it in person but now we just view it as a spreads through Canvas. On the document the only thing that changes color is the images that I placed on the document. When I placed them I used the place tool and then edited them once they were on the document with photoshop to make them grayscale and then I added a swatch over them to make a theme with the colors but now most of the images are either inverted or completely black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some more examples the first image being on preview and the second being the correct colors on acrobat.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 3.42.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-02 at 3.43.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're using transparency. You will never get that stuff to work with preview.

Let me call your attention to the export from InDesign...it's call an Adobe PDF for a reason. There are way too many substandard PDF readers out there for Adobe to be able to support them all.

You're going to either have to totally dumb down the document or tell the recipients to open it Acrobat or Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, sounds good!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines