Highlighted

When on a spread, ActivePage returns the page that is most exposed

Enthusiast ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Object Model Viewer, LayoutWindow.activePage is said to return "The front-most page." I could not make any sense out of that sentence.

It seems to work this way:

When you are on a spread, activePage returns the page that is most exposed, including areas to the right or left. So if I have a two-sided spread, and zoom out to see the whole spread, with the spine in the middle of the screen, activePage returns the left page if I scroll an inch to the left (getting the spine to the right of the middle), and vice versa.

It doesn't matter whether I've selected an item on one of the pages. That does not matter when it concerns activePage. I was convinced that selections mattered, but obviously not and I realize I must have used this erroneous approach for many years. Will need to pick up the parent page of the selection instead.

Just informing about this, since it may be an easy mistake to make.

Thanks,

Andreas

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When on a spread, ActivePage returns the page that is most exposed

Enthusiast ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Object Model Viewer, LayoutWindow.activePage is said to return "The front-most page." I could not make any sense out of that sentence.

It seems to work this way:

When you are on a spread, activePage returns the page that is most exposed, including areas to the right or left. So if I have a two-sided spread, and zoom out to see the whole spread, with the spine in the middle of the screen, activePage returns the left page if I scroll an inch to the left (getting the spine to the right of the middle), and vice versa.

It doesn't matter whether I've selected an item on one of the pages. That does not matter when it concerns activePage. I was convinced that selections mattered, but obviously not and I realize I must have used this erroneous approach for many years. Will need to pick up the parent page of the selection instead.

Just informing about this, since it may be an easy mistake to make.

Thanks,

Andreas

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?